Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Updating again :)

Howdy fellow readers,

Just a little update post from me. Rather than post the whole list again I thought I'd just go from book 81 in my challenge. You can see the whole list here if you feel so inclined :)

81. Stravaganza City of Stars by Mary Hoffman.
82. Something Borrowed, Someone Dead by M.C Beaton.
83. Chocolate Girls by Annie Murray.
84. The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring by David Michie.
85. The Bells of Bournville Green by Annie Murray.
86. What the **** is normal! by Francesca Martinez.
87. The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen.
88. Shadows in the Cotswolds by Rebecca Tope.

Stravaganza was a nice read, M.C Beaton is always a nice and easy fun read, Chocolate Girls was fantastic,as was it's follow up The Bells of Bournville Green. The Daila Lama's Cat books are sweet and it's amazing how insightful that kitty is ;-) I love Sarah Addison Allen so The Peach Keeper was much enjoyed.Shadows in the Cotswolds was ok. What the ****is Normal was fantastic! I really recommend this book. I particularly love the part where she describes her outfit which she wore to a school disco, " So, it was after a lot of careful contemplation that I finally and confidently settled on my choice-a white T-shirt and shorts bearing the grinning faces of Jason Donovan and Kylie Minougue. Because nothing wins a boy's heart like the sight of gurning  Aussie soap stars plastered across a girl's torso and thighs"  I feel her pain! I had a similar ensemble, only mine bore the faces of the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles! And how I thought that outfit rocked! So much so that I went the whole hog and also got the shell suit with said same heroic turtles on it! Yes! A Shell suit! It is a fact I have tried to suppress and my only consolation is that I was 8 years old! I move swiftly on! I could go on and on about how fabulous this book is( and it is! It is fabulous! Did I say so?!? ;-) ), but I am slightly cream crackered this evening. So I'll leave you with one last quote.
"I no longer felt like a freak. I just felt part of that wonderfully diverse species we call human. And, the truth is, very single one of those humans is different. Every person has things they can and can't do. I finally felt beautifully, and utterly, normal."



Here's what I am currently reading...



I am over half way through Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell now and really enjoying it. It is taking me so long to read as I can only read it when I am feeling in need of a bit of weight lifting ;-) You really can't beat Pterry and Mrs Bradshaw's Handbook is a beautiful and fun book. I absolutely loved the first book in the Outlander series and now I have prised my books back from Mum ;-) I can get back to reading the rest myself. And what's on my Kindle? The first Poldark novel.

So I think I was going for a 95 book challenge?! That sounds about right. Only 7 books to go :)

Happy reading beautifuls.
~Oceans of love~
XOX

No comments:

Post a Comment